The electron release is almost a complete rewrite, and is contained in a separate code repository. It is a standalone App that you can run by double-clicking, and therefore installation and updates will no longer be performed through the
move/rename the old folder that was previously at the location ~/voicecode
mv ~/voicecode ~/voicecode_old
This release is tested with dragon
If you want to play it safe and be able to still revert to Dragon 5.* right-click on the existing Dragon application in
~/Applications and choose the
compress option, then save that file and you could restore it any time by unzipping it and replacing Dragon 6 with that file.
If you are going to use Dragon 6...
- Go ahead and install it now.
- Set up a new dragon profile.
- Do the initial microphone set up.
- Quit Dragon and proceed with VoiceCode installation
This release includes an auto updater. Currently it auto-updates whenever a new release is available, but we will be adding more fine-grained control of how updates are performed.
Since commands are all now defined in packages separate from the main VoiceCode program, they can be installed and updated independently through the VoiceCode interface.
Here are some of the most important things that changed (not comprehensive, will add more to this section as we think of other things that changed)
- Changed most of the modifier prefixes and some of the suffixes. See the modifiers package for the exact new options
- Added many commands - especially check out the
corepackage for some new ones
previous-text:space-before🔉poser🔉 which is quite handy
- All commands are now part of a "Package" so every command has an id like
package-name:command-nameinstead of being named just by the spoken form. Commands now have an attribute called
spokento indicate the spoken form.
- Most settings have been namespaced into their related packages, for example
insertare packages. Settings for each package are available in the same way
Settings['package name'].someSettingor if the package name does not have spaces or dashes,